Congratulations to our Kinross Nevada employees who won the Nevada Mining Association (NvMA) 2022 Individual Safety Awards in June!
The NvMA Individual Safety Awards celebrate employees at Nevada mining operations who put safety at the forefront each day and who work to ensure a safe work environment for themselves and their co-workers.
Congratulations to our winners from Kinross Nevada!
- Caleb Bolyard, Health and Safety Specialist, Bald Mountain, who received the Safety Professional Award
- Timothy Chapman, Health and Safety General Foreman, Bald Mountain, who received the General Supervisor Award
- Kaitlin Rynearson, Maintenance Planner, Bald Mountain, who received the Safety Champion Award
- Jennifer Browning, Process Lab Supervisor, Bald Mountain, who received the Supervisor Award
- Christie Stannard, Mine Operations Senior Trainer, Bald Mountain, who received the Trainer Award
A special congratulations to Neil Jensen, Vice-President and General Manager, Kinross Nevada, who received the ‘General Manager’ award and Joseph Kemp, Vice-President and General Manager, Bald Mountain, and Dale Thompson, Operations Manager, Bald Mountain, who each received the ‘Mine Manager’ award!
“It is great to see our Kinross Nevada employees being recognized for their hard work and commitment to safety,” said Neil Jensen. “I am proud of their accomplishments because safety starts with our people and I know each and every one of them cares deeply about doing each task the right way so they and their colleagues can go home safe after every shift.”
The award recipients will be recognized at an awards luncheon in September 2022 at the NvMA Convention in Lake Tahoe. The eight Kinross Nevada employees were among the 37 total winners recognized by the NvMA.