Elena Bologova (Head of Customs Control Department) already introduced a number of strategic cost-savings improvements since becoming head of her department 18 months ago.
Elena Bologova (Head of Customs Control Department, Magadan)
Russian logistics is complex and expensive, especially when it comes to shipping cargo to the sites. Elena has successfully implemented new, efficient and cost-effective processes, such as:
- commissioning a temporary storage warehouse near the Pevek sea port, saving approximately US $1 million
- introducing a preliminary cargo inspection process at Seattle’s Everett Seaport, significantly reducing the risk of customs penalties
Elena standing inside a shipping container.
- implementing an early declaration process of ships with imported chemical reagents, saving over $200,000
- implementing a preliminary container inspection at consolidator’s warehouse, significantly reducing storage costs at the Pevek seaport warehouse
- streamlining the priority cargo customs clearing process
Elena has fundamentally changed the way the region interacts with suppliers and contractors.
Elena at the Magadan Regional Office.
“Elena is an exemplary, high-performing employee. She is the kind of talented manager and leader that you rarely meet in the business. People like Elena are the future of our Company.”
Elena Bologova with CEO Paul Rollinson at the 2014 Living Our Values Awards (LOVA) gala in Toronto.