Vicente Ramirez (Continuous Improvement Facilitator) has dedicated hundreds of hours of his time to coaching sports teams and taking an active role in his church.
Vicente Ramirez (Continuous Improvement Facilitator, Round Mountain)
Some examples of his volunteer work include:
- coaching high school football for the past six years
- contributing to the creation of a local karate club where he also serves as a fill-in instructor
- volunteering as president of the board of his church, where he oversees all banking, legal and financial responsibilities. His time is also spent teaching Sunday school and filling in as pastor when needed
Vicente (far left) with the Round Mountain High School football team.
- volunteering as a soccer coach for the town’s youth recreation program
- serving as assistant coach for the junior high school track team
- organizing and instructing a female self-defence class, with proceeds going to buying groceries for the local community church’s food pantry
Vicente demonstrating a lesson during a female self-defense class.
“Our community is a much better place because of Vicente’s selflessness and dedication to improving the lives of all who live here. Without Vicente’s support, many of the programs would not exist.”
Vicente at the 2014 Living Our Values Awards (LOVA) gala in Toronto.