Find out how Fort Knox benefits the local community in Alaska.
The video also showcases the mine’s impressive benefit footprint:
- Created 1,180 direct and indirect local jobs
- Spent $206 million on 424 Alaska businesses and vendors
- Spent $113 million in total annual wages
- Invested in 150 local non-profit organizations
- Paid $6.9 million in local property taxes, making the mine the single largest private sector taxpayer
“It’s important to all of us at Fort Knox that the site leaves a long-lasting contribution to the community,” said Anna Atchison, External Affairs Manager, Fort Knox.